We are delighted to be hosting the West Northumberland Sports Awards on the evening of Thursday 8th December 2022 at QEHS, Hexham 6pm start. Nominations will open late September with a closing date of 7th November. We will advertise this on our facebook page. Everyone is welcome to attend this event however we request that you reserve seats ( which are free) by emailing [email protected]
We are recognising achievements during the period of October 2021 – September 2022.
Our awards play a part in inspiring others, and this year we also want to share lessons learnt that may help others. So please tell us your stories.
Links to nomination forms will appear here in late September.
We are recognising achievements from October 2021 to September 2022 except for the Services to Sport and Sports Personality as these are sometimes lifetime achievements.
- Adult Team
- Youth Team
- School Team KS 2 (up to U11)
- School Team KS 3 (up to U14)
- School Team KS 4+ (up to U18)
- Young Volunteer of the Year
- Disabled Sportsperson
- Young Sportsman
- Young Sportswoman
- Sports Personality
- Coach of the Year
- Services to Sport
- Ian Turner Trophy
- The Tynedale Trophy
- Those eligible for nominations are individuals / teams residing in or playing / competing / volunteering for a club / team / organisation based in West Northumberland which comprises of the former Tynedale District and Ponteland area.
- All sporting participation must be on an amateur /voluntary basis.
- The awards recognise outstanding achievement, which could be for success at a highly competitive level or for significant improvements beyond previous levels of success. They may also acknowledge unusual initiatives and service to sport in the district by way of coaching or other relevant service.
- It is important that those who endorse a nomination should clearly state the level of achievement or contribution.
- The Awards Committee of Sport Tynedale can only consider information supplied in the nomination.
The Awards Committee will determine the recipients of trophies and certificates of merit and their decisions, made in good faith using the information provided by nominators, will be final.
All short listed and therefore potential award recipients will be invited by email to attend the Awards Evening.
From all at Sport Tynedale