Sport Tynedale Coaching Network
Next Session – Friday 09th November 2018
Venue: Tynedale Cricket Club, Hexham
What is this all about?
This is a fantastic opportunity for sport coaches who are actively coaching sports participants in the Tynedale area to come together to share best practise and take part in a fun and informative evening.
Coaches meet bi-monthly to learn from each other, sharing their expertise and experiences. We also bring in specialist guest speakers from different areas of Sport Science and Sports Coaching on a regular basis.
Why are Sport Tynedale providing this fantastic opportunity?
Our goal at Sport Tynedale for the Coaching Network is to improve the standard of coaching in the area, therefore helping to improve the experience and skills of sport participants in the area.
Who can attend?
Coaches of all levels, from grassroots to elite level are invited to attend.
How will I benefit?
- You will gain a better understanding of how you and your athletes/players respond to challenges and pressure
- You will get the opportunity to share best practise and learn strategies used by coaches in other sports
- You will gain simple practical tools to help you and your athletes/players
Who can I contact to book a place?
The organiser to contact to confirm your attendance is:
T: 07734 697769 E: [email protected]
Who will be speaking at the event?
John Fletcher and David Charlton
I can’t make this date will there be more sessions? YES We’ll be continuing sessions in the New Year starting again in January.
Who are John and David?
John Fletcher, Former England U18 Head Coach, Rugby Football Union and Newcastle Falcons Coach
John otherwise known as Fletch lives in Hexham, is 46 years old and is married to Christine with 3 boys aged 15, 12 and 9.
His experiences include roles such as a Rugby Development Officer, running the Academy and Head Coach at Newcastle Falcons and he ran the start of the performance pathway for England Rugby. He has played Rugby at club level for Tynedale, Northampton and Newcastle Gosforth, as well as, internationally for England A.
John loves most sports and is passionate about supporting young people in sport, especially in the Tynedale area. He has concerns by some environments that young people experience and is keen to share his experiences and expertise.
David Charlton, HCPC Registered Sport and Exercise Psychologist, Inspiring Sporting Excellence, Twitter @dcharltonsport
David is a HCPC Registered Sport and Exercise Psychologist, as well as a Mental Toughness and Leadership coach in the business world. Living in Prudhoe with his wife Kirsty and 2 young sons, he has worked for 8 years offering a consultancy service. Where he helps coaches, athletes, teams, clubs and organisations (from grassroots to professional levels across a range of sports) to achieve their aims through the following main areas:
1) Improving levels of Mental Toughness by helping individuals and teams to deal better sport and lifestyle challenges and pressures.
2) Supporting teams to collectively working together as a unit
3) Developing outstanding leadership skills
4) Cultivating a culture of high performance
Away from his work, David is a very active person with bags of energy and can be found with his young family, on the golf course, running or outdoors climbing a mountain. His personal sporting achievements include:
- Completing half and full marathons whilst raising £1000’s for cancer charities
- Winning his local Golf Club Championship after finishing runner up 7 times.